Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Asterios Polyp

This novel was simply amazing. It generally pulls you in with amazing illustrations with simple color palates that it almost had a calming effect. Mazzuccelli really gives this graphic novel an amazing mood and feel to the entire novel. It was a big change to the other novels and comics we have been reading, while other ones seem to be lacking mostly in the illustration department and not the story aspect this one really hits the nail on the head. Being so easy and simple to follow I felt myself being immersed into the story. Even thought I thought it was an easy and gripping story at times it almost felt like it was a little too much. This may be because he packed so much depth and dimension into the story that reading it in such a short time just seemed a little overwhelming at times.
I defiantly want to pick this back up during the break and re read it. Get in more depth with it and appreciate it for the wonder work of art it is. There are details I feel that I think I missed out on. None the less this was an amazing piece of art. Even with all the mishaps and things that go on, it really makes you feel like you can relate with his struggles in life and the ups and downs of life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment