Wednesday, December 7, 2011

American Born Chinese

I found this story quite entertaining but not really one of my favorites. It was three different stories that came together in the end. The tale of the Monkey King was entertaining and it turned out that he was something he was not and learning things along the way. The second story is about an immigrant that wants nothing more than to fit into an American high school. Although I found it a little bit cookie cutter because he then finds a girlfriend and his best friend.  The third part of the story mimics the second part and was alright. The feel and overall moral to all the stories combined is to basically to just be yourself, because thats all anyone could ever ask for. So the whole "Be yourself" kind of moral is just a little boring. I mean, the story and illustrations were rather interesting but nothing too entertaining or inspirational in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment